Wednesday, April 02, 2014
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
Stabilization, Seeding and Semantics?
nope.. it was..
@searchexchange SSS - Stabilization, Seeding and Smashing - How to service a brand in search and social media. sound like a good one?
— steveplunkett (@steveplunkett) January 6, 2014
Except from Guest Post (after the jump below):
The acronym SEO equates to Search Engine Optimization, which is a facet of SEM, Search Engine Marketing, but SEO is NOT SEM without PPC."
We Should Just Change SEO to "S" for Strategy
- Why your small business needs a SEO strategy(hiscoxusa.com)
- SEO vs. SEM: The Differences between Natural&Paid Search(staples.com)
- SEO and SEM Strategies: Find Common Ground for Leveraging Search for Your SMB(staples.com)
- Organic and Paid Search Marketing: Why Both Are Essential to Your Business(staples.com)
- Justin Bieber, Google, Rap Genius and Why This Headline Is Good SEO(mashable.com)
- Is SEO Integrated Into Your Localization Process?(steveplunkett.com)
- 10 SEO & Social Media Myths on Social Fresh(steveplunkett.com)
- SEO, ORM, Ethics and the greater good of Google(steveplunkett.com)
- 2013 in Review - 14 Digital Predictions for 2014(steveplunkett.com)
- Google Hummingbird: What marketers need to know(rockfishdigital.com)
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Monday, November 01, 2010
misspelling of WWE Diva Dawn Marie?"
Without thinking much, I said "of course, would tomorrow be okay?", She said "That would be great!" After a bit more thinking, I asked, "What do you want to be 1st for your name?" She said, "I dunno, how about my LinkedIn profile?". Knowing this plays well to using my search skills responsibly, I said "Ok, I'll do it right before 10pm"
So, two blog posts back at the hotel, linking back to her LinkedIn Profile. Just to test the waters, which resulted in her LinkedIn profile being #3 (#1 for her name), below the most commonly clicked on links for the person Google thought the query, "Dawn Maire" applied to.
With the initial testing phase done, we soon realized it would take more "signal" to overcome the frequent misspelling.
Phase 1. Use #whitecoatseo testing group to tweet "Dawn Maire - (linkedin profile link)"
Phase 2. Use Blogs to add "discussions" about the keyword and the link.
You will see Phase 3 listed, but after Phase 2 the situation "almost" corrected itself..
So, mission accomplished? Dawn Maire's LinkedIn profile listed #1 for her name, but we still have the spelling error, does that mean we are not finished yet?
ORM, SEO and Ethics:
We have proven that we can manipulate Google's spell check to make "Dawn Maire" come up first for her name, (SEO for ORM), but how many people actually type in "Dawn Maire" when they really mean "Dawn Marie, the WWE Diva"?
Ethically, is this the place to stop? Should we continue with ORM/SEO and take this until we can overcome the Did you mean: dawn marie ??
Or, would we be doing a disservice to the quality of results in a Google search if we kept going?
What if this is a client's copyrighted/trademarked name? registered trademark for a product name, or Brand? How far is too far? Or when it's absolute, like ABSOLUT, will Google no longer see it as a misspelled word?
(comments are moderated due to spam)
- Google on Manipulating Search for ORM (outspokenmedia.com)
- BP Turns to Google's Adwords for ORM Help (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Google's Online Reputation Management Advice Goes Against Their Guidelines? (seroundtable.com)
Thursday, September 02, 2010
Enter Code: rc-3099415 when you register and get 20% off.
I'm Speaking on the Black Hat SEO panel.. it's going to be fun.. i'm going to out some famous websites doing stuff that @mattcutts and @google could remove them for.
(you better hope it's not one of your clients...)
Related articles by Zemanta
- Raven Signs Up As Gold Sponsor For PubCon Las Vegas 2010 (prweb.com)
- 100+ Upcoming Social Media & Tech Events (mashable.com)
- How To Optimize & Distribute Press Releases Like A Pro (aimclearblog.com)
- Join Me at PubCon Masters Group Training in Austin this July! (marketingpilgrim.com)
- 7 Reasons PubCon is a must for next year (conversationmarketing.com)
- PubCon Las Vegas 2010 to Feature Keynote by New York Times Columnist David Pogue (prweb.com)
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
HitsLink Platinum: Real-Time Advanced Analytics
Upgrade to real-time advanced analytics with HitsLink Platinum. Get your analytics reports and alerts in real time so you can act quickly on the data.
What are the costs of waiting 24 hours or more to see how marketing campaigns are performing?
Get real-time reports and alerts so you can identify and correct any email, website or marketing message problems. You'll also be able to optimize on the fly, and maximize your marketing and advertising budget.
Now is the best time to upgrade to HitsLink Platinum Web Analytics with real-time data to quickly and easily measure and optimize all of your marketing campaigns and control your costs.
HitsLink Platinum features:
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
- Rand Fishkin, CEO & Jeff Pollard, Web Developer Launched on April 2, 2007