Rich cards are a new Search result format building on the success of rich snippets. Just like rich snippets, rich cards use schema.org structured markup to display content in an even more engaging and visual format, with a focus on providing a better mobile user experience.Evolution of search results for queries like [peanut butter cookies recipe]: with rich cards, results are presented in carousels that are easy to browse by scrolling left and right. Carousels can contain cards all from the same site or from multiple sites.From Google Webmasters Blog
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Google Webmaster Tools is now Google Search Console.
This is a MUST for SEO on any website.
Search Console provides actionable reports, tools, and learning resources designed to get your content on Google Search. You can use Search Console both for websites and for mobile applications; if you have a mobile application, read this page instead.
A. add your website to search console.
B. Add your Mobile Application to Search Console
C. Are AMP Pages for those business that do NOT have a Mobile Application?
D. Google Now Cards or AMP? Is one for local is one for content that replaces a mobile application on a mobile device? With the large majority of users being on a mobile device, that is the "new priority", what is best for your business?
- The dangers of 'Googlizing' your site (searchenginewatch.com)
- Google AMP Aftermath: Replacement Image Results (dzone.com)
- 7 Crucial Pieces of Information You Need BEFORE You Start an SEO Campaign (frontiermktg.com)
- It's time to think mobile first (jaxenter.com)
- Ranking reports are synonymous with SEO, but how useful are they in 2016? (browsermedia.co.uk)
- 5 Must-Have Ingredients for Any Online Marketing Strategy In 2016 (dailyblogtips.com)
- How To Google Verify Your WordPress.com Site (flameater.wordpress.com)
- Ready to launch your WordPress site? Read this first (elementarydigital.co.uk)
- Google my business. Do you know how to test your website is working correctly? (creativeagencysecrets.com)
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Using markup to enable rich snippets lets you:
- Attract potential buyers while they are searching for items to buy on Google.
- Control your product information. You can maintain the accuracy and freshness of your product information, so your customers find the relevant, current items they're looking for.
Rich Snippets/JSON-LD Schema for Products - https://developers.google.com/structured-data/rich-snippets/products#about_product_offers
- Google: We Don't Want To Clutter The Search Results With Too Many Rich Snippets (seroundtable.com)
- Google Is Changing Where Ads Appear In Google Search (techsupportalert.com)
- How to Get 30% More Clicks with Rich Snippets (getresponse.com)
- How voice search is going to change the nature of SEO (business.yell.com)
- How to Control Rich Snippets on Social Media (convinceandconvert.com)
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages are Live in Search Results Now (xda-developers.com)